Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charities (St. Clare's Hospice and Essex Air Ambulance) and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
Here are some of the RB activities and achievements of this hotel:
- A preventative maintenance programme is in place, including the recording and monitoring of gas, electricity and water usage.
- As part of the hotel's commitment to recycling, batteries and fluorescent bulbs are collected, and waste is separated.
- Chefs use locally sourced ingredients.
- Flow-restrictor taps were installed to conserve water.
- Motion sensors and timers are used in low-usage areas.
- Proactive Green Hotel committee was created with a team member from every department.
- RB pin badges were awarded to guests and staff who made donations to the World Childhood Foundation.
- The hotel instituted an RB incentive for staff. Various activities throughout the year earn points that can be exchanged for an additional holiday. Activities include blood donation, Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan’s Purse), Airport Perimeter Walk and the NHS stop smoking scheme.
- The hotel participates in Healthy Hotel Week promoting health and well-being amongst employees and guests.
- The hotel received the gold rating for the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
- The hotel seeks to use suppliers that fulfil the RB criteria.
- Free High-speed Internet
- Room Service
- Health Club
- Indoor Pool