Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
Support the Green Tourism Business Scheme
Hundreds of businesses seek to reduce their environmental impact through the Green Tourism Business Scheme. Businesses are awarded bronze, silver and gold accreditation for efforts to be more environmentally responsible. This hotel is currently awaiting a grade for this scheme.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel:
- Active in yearly RBAM month, including focusing on staff well-being and raising money for the World Childhood Foundation and the Make a Wish Foundation
- Back-area separation of waste into cardboard, paper and glass
- Battery collection boxes
- Flow restrictor taps to conserve water
- Green Committee with a team member from every department to involve all staff in RB activities
- Installation of motion sensors and timers in low-use areas
- Preventative maintenance program
- Recording and monitoring consumption of gas, electricity, water and waste
- Recycling of fluorescent lights