Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation supported by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include: Employees and guests
- 24-hour security
- Awareness-building of RB through leaflets and monthly newsletter
- Cross-departmental health, safety and security committee
- Ongoing RB training and awareness activities
- Support for charities Meanwood Valley, Urban Farm, Save the Children and local hospitals
- Constant monitoring of water quality and emission control
- Continual improvements in energy efficiency
- Towel replacement only upon guest request
- Waste separation and recycling
- Introduction of fair trade products
- Use of environmentally friendly products and chemicals
Student artwork showcased
As part of its RB efforts, the Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds is proud to display artwork from students at Leeds Metropolitan University. Visible from the second to the fifth floor, the collection can be viewed in the reception lounge and all three atrium areas. The program fosters the local art community and provides up-and-coming artists an opportunity to sell their work.