Green Hotel Earns Queen's Honours
The Radisson Blu Hotel was honoured by Her Majesty the Queen for its superior efforts in sustainable business development. This green Edinburgh accommodation employs a full-time, dedicated Responsible Business consultant to help achieve the following results:
- A "Green Room" rate is offered so guests can offset carbon emissions.
- All organic food waste is composted with the help of the Edinburgh Cyrenians.
- Eighty percent of hotel staff and guests use public transportation.
- The hotel has successfully reduced the amounts of water and energy it uses.
- Thousands of conference chairs, electric kettles and pillows are donated to charities.
An award-winning hotelThe Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh has won a number of awards in recognition of its Responsible Business programme:
- Considerate Hotel of the Year, Considerate Hoteliers Association, 2009
- Scottish Thistle Awards for Sustainable Tourism, 2008
- Vision in Business for the Environment of Scotland (VIBES), 2008
- WRAP Waste Reduction Challenge, Considerate Hoteliers Association, 2007
- The Rezidor Hotel Group Responsible Business Hotel of the Year, 2007
- Gold Award - Green Tourism Business Scheme
- Gold Award - Keep Edinburgh Clean