Queen honours green Edinburgh hotel
Queen recognises green Edinburgh hotel A leader in sustainable business, the Radisson Blu Hotel in Edinburgh was honoured by Her Majesty the Queen for its outstanding efforts toward running a business in an environmentally sound manner. This green Edinburgh hotel has a dedicated, full-time Responsible Business consultant who helped achieve the following results:
- 80% of hotel staff and guests use public transportation.
- A "Green Room" rate is offered so guests can offset carbon emissions.
- All organic food waste is composted with the help of the Edinburgh Cyrenians.
- The hotel has successfully reduced the amounts of water and energy it uses.
- Thousands of conference chairs, electric kettles and pillows are donated to charities.
An award-winning hotelRadisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh has won a number of awards in recognition of its Responsible Business programme:
- Considerate Hotel of the Year, Considerate Hoteliers Association, 2009
- Scottish Thistle Awards for Sustainable Tourism, 2008
- Vision in Business for the Environment of Scotland (VIBES), 2008
- WRAP Waste Reduction Challenge, Considerate Hoteliers Association, 2007
- The Rezidor Hotel Group Responsible Business Hotel of the Year, 2007
- Gold Award - Green Tourism Business Scheme
- Gold Award - Keep Edinburgh Clean